What advice a consequence of feedback?
– What are the goals?
– How much advice will be supplied, messages?
– What mechanisms will be *properly to reach?
The crucial EMOTIONAL questions that your communication strategy need to address
When it comes to the psychological resonance aspect of the communications, John Kotter makes the point that change leaders that are great are great at telling stories that are visual with high emotional impact. Kotter exemplifies this the anecdote of Martin Luther King who did not stand up in front of the Lincoln Memorial and say: “I’ve a fantastic strategy” and exemplify it with 10 good reasons why it turned out to be a great strategy.
William Bridges focuses on the psychological and mental impact and feature of the change – and introduces these 3 simple questions:
to the motorists that make it necessary
(1) what’s altering? Bridges offers the following guidance – the change leader’s communicating statement must:- Clearly express the change leader’s understanding and goal
– “Sell the problem before you try to market the solution.”
– Not use jargon
(2) what’ll really be distinct due to the change?
(3) Who’s planning to lose what? Bridges maintains the situational changes are not as problematic for Leadership communication skills firms to make as the emotional transitions of the people affected by the change. Transition direction is really all about seeing the situation through the eyes of another guy. It’s a perspective predicated on empathy. It is communication and direction process and works with them to bring them. Failure to accomplish this, on the section of change leaders, and a denial of the losses and “lettings go” that people are faced with, sows the seeds of mistrust.
5 guiding principles of a great change management communication strategy
So, in summary the 5 guiding principles of an excellent change management communication strategy are as follows:
– Clarity of message – to ensure two way communication that is genuine
– Resonance of message – to ensure relevance and recognition
– Exact targeting – the mental tone and delivery of the message
– Timing program – to get to the right people with the message that is correct
– Feedback process – to attain timely targeting of messages
Failure reasons changed and in change management are many. But one thing is painfully clear.
The cause of all this failure is dearth of clarity as well as a lack of communicating. That is what a Programme Direction based approach to change is really all about and why it so significant.